What Are Dental Implants?
Losing a tooth can make it difficult for you to speak clearly, chew your food properly, or smile with confidence. As your Hamilton restorative dentistsLearn more about our dentists, we have the best solution for you: Dental implants.
Dental implants are a permanent and long-lasting solution made to look and feel just like your natural teeth.
Made of small titanium posts, they are directly placed into the jawbone where a tooth or teeth are missing. Your bone will then bond with the titanium, creating a strong foundation for your artificial tooth restoration.
There are multiple ways implants can be used to restore your smile. They can be used to:
See our step-by-step breakdown for placing a dental implant.
Click on each title to see the drop-down.
The All-on-4®Opens a new window to the All-on-4 website treatment concept provides you with a fixed full-arch of artificial teeth on the same day as your implants are placed. This technique uses only four implants, which are placed on the top, bottom, or both arches (depending on your needs).
This treatment allows you to experience immediate results that improve your quality of life and renew your confidence. In comparison to other permanent dental treatment options, All-on-4® is a minimally invasive process yielding great results.
All-on-4 offers many benefits compared to other teeth replacement options, such as:
Immediate improvement in quality of life
Reduced treatment times
FAQs About Dental Implants
Our dentists in Hamilton, MT answer the important questions about implant dentistry.
- Are dental implants expensive? Dental implants do have a higher cost compared to other solutions. However, since dental implants are such a long-lasting solution, in terms of long-range costs and function, they are a great cost-effective choice.
- Am I a good candidate for dental implants? Almost anyone who has missing teeth is a candidate for dental implants. However, our dentists in Hamilton, MTLearn more about our two dentists, will need to properly examine you first to assess if dental implants are the right treatment for you and your needs.
- How long do implant last? Dental implants are a permanent solution to replace your missing teeth. Plus, unlike natural teeth, dental implants are not vulnerable to decay. Nonetheless, a good oral hygiene routine, regular check-ups, and professional cleanings are important for long-lasting implants.
- Do dental implants hurt? We work hard to make your implant surgeries as pain-free as possible. We provide sedation therapy, so you can enjoy your treatment while you are in a state of relaxed consciousness. After dental implant surgery, your discomfort will be minimal. Any pain can be cared for with over-the-counter medication.
- Can I remove my dental implants on a daily basis? No. Dental implants are fixed into your jawbone and mimic your natural tooth roots. This allows your new restoration to enjoy a more stable foundation.